What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractors treat many conditions affecting the nervous system and musculoskeletal system and work to complement traditional medical care. They do not prescribe medication; this allows them to think outside the box. A chiropractor may prescribe:
- Soft-Tissue Therapy: To relax tight muscles, relieve spasm and release tension in the fascia (connective tissue that surrounds each muscle).
- Adjustments: To gently realign joints and increase range of motion.
- Joint Bracing/Taping (e.g., Kinesio taping): To support sprained joints or muscles as they heal
- Exercises and stretches: To restore and maintain mobility and range of motion.
- Referrals to Integrative Medicine Experts: For guidance on diet and nutrition to reduce inflammation and promote weight loss.
Chiropractic care can help with low back pain, headache, neck & muscle pain, and other joints of the body. Treatments generally do not hurt, are less invasive than surgery or other more intense techniques and have many positive benefits.
For example, chiropractic services may:
- Help those suffering from high or low blood pressure
- May treat and prevent the progression of scoliosis
- Relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve that is causing sciatica
Treatments have been shown to help increase blood flow to the brain, significantly helping those suffering from conditions such as migraines and epilepsy.