Infrared Saunas use wavelengths to penetrate soft tissue up to an inch and a half, warming the body and opening blood vessels in a process called “vasodilation.”
There are 9 key benefits to infrared saunas:
- Detoxification – by increasing blood circulation and stimulating the sweat glands, built-up toxins in the body are released
- Stress and fatigue – the gentle warmth of an infrared sauna will help one feel relaxed, rejuvenated and renewed
- Muscle aches, arthritis, and joint relief – helps warm the muscles for greater flexibility and range of motion, while relieving muscle tension and pain
- Weight loss and calorie burning – A 30-minute infrared sauna session can burn between 300–800 calories because of increased sweat production and increased metabolism to cool the body
- Immune system support – raising the core body temperature, induces an artificial fever – which is the body’s mechanism to strengthen and accelerate the immune response, as seen in the case of infection. combined with the improved elimination of toxins and wastes via intense sweating, it can increase overall health and resistance to disease.
- Skin conditions – Profuse sweating carries off deeply embedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and clean. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to help improve acne, eczema, psoriasis, and aid wound healing with reduced scarring.
- Heart health – studies have shown infrared sauna treatments can help keep blood pressure within healthy levels, lower cholesterol, reduce chronic pain and be of therapeutic value to patients with chronic congestive heart disease (CHD).
- Appearance of cellulite – infrared heat increases heart rate and localized blood circulation and lowers the accumulation of liquids in the fat cells to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Diabetes support – aids and supports those managing diabetes, because it helps toxin elimination, improves circulation, and cleanses internal organs
A.I.M. HealthCare offers infrared sauna treatments at the Warwick location. Based on your health needs, talk to your doctor about how infrared sauna treatments may benefit you. The session may be covered by insurance. If you are interested in experience the benefits on your own, a 30-minute session is $50.